Apologies for anyone who's been counting on this for updates, since I haven't updated in the last four days. My counts started dropping but weren't low enough to need a transfusion last Thursday morning, but by Thursday evening they dropped further, and I had a nosebleed that I couldn't seem to stop, so we went to the emergency room of our local hospital and they transferred me up to Lebanon, where I've been getting treated this whole time.
That was a very unpleasant experience, for a lot of different reasons, but I'm through it now and feeling much better.
Today I had another checkup and my counts have continued dropping, my ANC has basically bottomed out, and my hemoglobin and platelets were low enough that I needed transfusions, which ended up taking all day. The good news about that is that after a platelet transfusion I feel less concerned that a nosebleed might be unstoppable (cause I really want to avoid experiencing that again if possible).
Wednesday I go back to Lebanon for another checkup, and then Thursday I have another appointment to check my blood and get transfusions if needed, but I assume that'll depend on how Wednesday goes.
They also stuck a “rhino rocket” in my nostril, and aren't going to remove it until Wednesday, so I'm really looking forward to that, though I'm a little worried it'll start bleeding again when they take it out, but at least it'd be out I guess. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes I guess.
But at the moment I'm feeling alright again, a little easily winded, since my hemoglobin is still really low, but not too bad.
Thanks for following along!